Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Crazy day

First of all, I dropped Gabe off with my Mom and then headed to the doctor with Carissa and Kira. They both had check ups, and Kira had vaccines as well. Check ups went well, both girls are healthy and doing well. Carissa is 45 lbs. (13th percentile) and 45.5 inches (23rd percentile). And, we have the option to try medicine if we want, since Carissa is still wet every night. Kira is 15 lbs. 15 oz. (49th percentile) and 26.25 inches (60th percentile). Kira took her binky when it was time for her shot, and she didn't make a sound or move. She did awesome and didn't fuss at all.

Then we went to pick up Gabe, and visit for a minute. My mom said that right after we left Gabe hit his head while on the trampoline, and she initially thought he may need stitches. But, then she thought maybe it was more of a scratch after cleaning him up. So, she wanted me to look at it before we left since it had a bandaid on it. When we took the band-aid off, I decided it was worth at least having the doctor look at it.

As soon as the doctor saw Gabe, he said it looked like he would need about 2 stitches. He ended up getting 3 stitches. I held Gabe's hands and talked to him through the numbing shots, and cleaning. He was very upset about it, and I really felt bad for him. Then the doctor started to try stitches and Gabe said it hurt. The doctor got the numbing shot again. I started to feel like I was going to pass out, and thought I need to get to the floor and say someting. Then I woke up.

I was standing and holding Kira when I passed out, so I was really worried about her being hurt. Apparently, I held her really well and kind of squated down before I tipped over. She was scared but ok. I think I scared Gabe even more too. So, we're all ok, but my lower neck really hurts because I hit it when I fell.

No comments: