Today, I decided to do some baking since it is such a cold day and I don't have school again until the 21st. We have a hard time making very many baked goods that Carissa can eat, since she is allergic to eggs. So, I wanted to try a couple of new things today. We decided to make a Toll House Pie, and some brownies. Both Carissa and Gabe were very good helpers with adding ingredients and stirring. I knew that the pie would be a complete experiment but the brownie recipe I got out of the allergy cook book. Both items failed. So I went ahead and made one more of the Toll House pies with eggs after both failed attempts, because it is really sad to spend all day baking and end up with nothing edible. Now everyone but Carissa can have a treat to eat. I've been baking for a long time, and up until I started trying to make things without eggs I think that everything I made was at least edible. I'm really hoping that once Carissa is 5 she won't be allergic to eggs anymore. I guess a lot of kids outgrow the egg allergy by about 5 years old. It makes me so sad always telling her that she can't eat things that everyone else is eating.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Baking
Today, I decided to do some baking since it is such a cold day and I don't have school again until the 21st. We have a hard time making very many baked goods that Carissa can eat, since she is allergic to eggs. So, I wanted to try a couple of new things today. We decided to make a Toll House Pie, and some brownies. Both Carissa and Gabe were very good helpers with adding ingredients and stirring. I knew that the pie would be a complete experiment but the brownie recipe I got out of the allergy cook book. Both items failed. So I went ahead and made one more of the Toll House pies with eggs after both failed attempts, because it is really sad to spend all day baking and end up with nothing edible. Now everyone but Carissa can have a treat to eat. I've been baking for a long time, and up until I started trying to make things without eggs I think that everything I made was at least edible. I'm really hoping that once Carissa is 5 she won't be allergic to eggs anymore. I guess a lot of kids outgrow the egg allergy by about 5 years old. It makes me so sad always telling her that she can't eat things that everyone else is eating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment