I enjoy so many things that my kids do and say, but with life being as busy as it is I find myself forgetting things that I wish I wouldn't. So, a few weeks ago the kids and I were leaving school and headed to my parents house. Carissa noticed the almost full moon was out even though the sun wasn't set all the way yet. She told me that she saw the moon and that the moon was a planet. Then she asked me if it was a planet and I just answered, "kind of." But, I told her that Grandpa was a space guy and he could answer her question better than I could. Pretty soon I heard Gabe say, "Grandpa's a space guy,... cool." That just made me smile.
Then I told them that we had to drive by the post office so that I could drop off our tax returns, so that we could get money to help pay for our trip to CA in June. So we started talking about our trip to CA, that we are going to go to Disneyland, and also to Sea World. We started talking about what animals are at Sea World that we want to see, Carissa said she wanted to see a shark, and Gabe said he wanted to see a whale. We talked a bit more then Gabe said, "I want to see a chicken...nugget." I laughed and told him I'm sure he could see a chicken nugget if he really wanted to while we were in CA.
Then as soon as I drove away from the post office after dropping off the taxes, Gabe said, "Did you get the money?" Evidently the mail box outside the post office should work like an ATM when you drop off your tax return papers. I thought that would be great, but unfortunately it doens't. I told Gabe it will be awhile before we get the money.
No comments:
Post a Comment